project has produced a range of different publications. Click on the links below to get a copy.
- Baseline survey report
- Baseline report briefing paper
- Pilot survey report
- Pilot briefing paper (coming soon)
- Dissemination event Report
- Dissemination event presentation slides
- A news story about the books appeared on channel 10 News. View it here.
Reference for Noah and Mtana’s paper is:
- Barrett, A. (2014), ‘Monolingual policies, bilingual practices and the power of learning materials’, Paper presented at the BAICE conference,8-10 Sept, 2014, Bath, UK. Conferencepowerpoint.
- Barrett, AM & Bainton, D (2016) Re-interpreting relevant learning: an evaluative framework for secondary education in a global language, Comparative Education 52(3): 392-407. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03050068.2016.1185271. Authors version can be downloaded here.
- Bainton, D. (2015), ‘Learning in Translation: Developing a Language Supportive Pedagogy for Social Justice’. Paper presented at UKFIET conference, 15-17th Sept 2015, Oxford, UK. Conference powerpoint.
- Gabrieli, P., Alphonce, R., Sane, E. (2015) ‘From access to quality secondary education in Tanzania: Developing language supportive textbooks to enhance teaching and learning. Paper presented at the SACHES conference, 24-26th October, Bloemfontein, South Africa.
- Kajoro, P.(2015), ‘Language Supportive Mathematics Textbooks and Pedagogy With Less Loaded Curriculum for Sustainable Mathematical Literacy in Tanzania’. Paper presented at UKFIET conference 15-17th Sept 2015, Oxford, UK.
- Mtana, N.J & O-saki, K (2015) ‘Empowering the marginalised through language supportive pedagogy in Tanzania secondary education’. Available to download here.
- Course for writers – generic
- Course for Writers – Biology specific
- Course for writers – Maths specific
- Course for Writers – English specific